1613 - The Parish Bastion was built in the south-east corner of the fortifications.
1620 - Nový Jičín was raised to a Royal Town by King Frederick, Elector Palatine.
1621 - The battle of Nový Jičín (Spanish troops of the Imperial Catholic Habsburg garrison against the Protestant army of Margrave John George of Krnov).
1624 - Nový Jičín lost its freedoms and became a subject of the Olomouc Jesuits.
1630 - The Hatter’s Guild was established, plague at the end of the 17th and beginning of the 18th century.